Thursday, May 7, 2015

Facing Giants...


Reading in Numbers on my lunch hour. Whew these Israelites that the Lord saved from Egypt, whew they are a spoiled, ungrateful and doubting bunch. Every obstacle they face makes them question the Lords ability to help them overcome it. Here the Lord has commanded spies to go look at Canaan, the land the Lord is promised to them. The land is full of great fruit and truly flows with milk and honey BUT there are some obstacles like giants and fortified villages. I guess the people thought they should be able to just walk the easy road from Egypt strait to the promise land with no struggles. Sometimes I think like that too but guess what character is not developed with out tough times. Hellen Keller said "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." 
Well the Israelites gave up and said "We can't face these giants let's pick a leader and go back to Egypt." Wait, hold up, you have so little faith you would rather go back to your old misery because it's familiar??? In the verse I highlighted the Lord says to Moses "How long will these people reject Me? And how long will they not believe Me, with all the signs which I have performed among them?"
Right now I pray that the Lord NEVER feels that way about me, oh yes I have rejected Him in the past but I have seen His work in my life and will decide day after day to never return to my familiar misery because whatever giants are out there I am not facing them alone anymore, God is ahead of me, facing them for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment