Friday, June 23, 2017

Declutter


Today is declutter day at the Davidson house. We have so much "stuff" just laying around that we don't use, books we could donate, games with missing pieces, things we just don't need anymore. I am looking forward to cleaning out some "things" on my last vacation day.


Sometimes we need to do the same thing with our heart, it can get filled up with emotions and sins we are holding on to. It gets cluttered with jealousy, unforgiveness and anger to name a few. When our heart is crowded with sin it weighs us down on the inside. It is a heavy burden to bear that keeps our heart in chains. 

David the Psalmist said it well “For when I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long." Psalm 32:3 ESV


He was not taking time to confess his sins to the Lord and it was aging him from the inside out. When we hold on to our sin and to our ugly emotions and don't confess them to God we are holding our heart hostage, keeping stuff inside that is occupying the spaces God wants to fill with love and grace and hope!


David knew what he needed to do: "I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not cover my iniquity; I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the Lord," and you forgave the iniquity of my sin.”

Psalms 32:5 ESV If you feel heavy hearted today the remedy is easily available. Get on your knees and get real with God. He already knows what's in your heart and when we drop our pride to acknowledge it to Him, forgiveness and freedom will come rushing in replacing the "stuff" that was weighing us down.

No comments:

Post a Comment