Thursday, April 28, 2016

Hard Heart?



I have had many times in my life where I knew God was speaking to me but I strayed from that still small voice, denying Him access to my life for a period of time was the biggest set back I have ever had. When I read verses like this one in Hebrews 3:7-8 “Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says: “Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, In the day of trial in the wilderness,” I think gosh if only I had read this at that time when I was wondering it would have slapped me in the face. The truth is this verse not only applies to times of deep denial of God but it applies to the every day. We need to acknowledge Him daily, we need to seek His presence daily. Jeremiah 29:13 says "And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.” We must desire to hear God and then listen to His voice when He speaks to us. 

When I think of a relationship with God I think about how I might treat a friend. A friend desires regular interaction, companionship, love. The Lord is so much more than just a friend He is our Heavenly Father. Jesus is our savior, doesn't He deserve my heart to be open, doesn't He deserve to see my brokenness laid out at His feet, the brokenness for which He gave His life! Friends if you hear His voice today please don't harden your heart. The Lord is ready and willing, no one is too lost or too far away that His love can't reach and His mercy can't save!

No comments:

Post a Comment