Saturday, February 27, 2016

A Place for Prayer

Over the last year I have tried to become more intentional about prayer. I was really inspired by the movie "War Room", it just made me think about how I need to have some planned specific prayers for certain areas and people in my life. Spontaneous prayer is great, just talking with the Lord is wonderful, but some times we have battles that do need to be fought out in prayer. So I made a plan, bible verse based prayers designed for specific things in my life. And so I began on a journey that has drawn me closer to God, drawed me deeper in prayer and given me a glimpse into the importance of having this regular specific appointment with the Lord outside of the normal prayer times we might have. Because these sessions usually end in me weeping on the floor I have to lock myself away in a quiet place. Even before I made my prayer plan I have always migrated to the bathroom floor because it was the only place I could close the door and not be disturbed. Truth is it doesn't matter where you are when your praying it's about the time your spending with God. Recently we cleared out a few closets in our house and my husband, being the wonderful man he is, suggested we make a prayer closet. Today we did it! I am so excited, I just love the way it turned out. I feel truly blessed to be able to dedicate an area in my home that will be used solely for time in prayer, worship and study! 



#prayercloset #prayer #worship #God 


No comments:

Post a Comment