Monday, February 29, 2016

Passion Week


Oh this stomach flu really stinks 😩 It so much harder when your sick as a grown up! After a long nap I got in my comfy chair to study Scripture for a bit. I am comparing the 4 Gospels and documenting what happened each day during the Passion Week. I really want to understand and walk through that week day by day, something I've not looked at before. It's very interesting comparing the Gospels to each other and I am really excited to teach the kids this year since Passion Week is just around the corner. 

This section which occurred on Monday was especially moving:

“Now as He drew near, He saw the city and wept over it, saying, “If you had known, even you, especially in this your day, the things that make for your peace! But now they are hidden from your eyes. For days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment around you, surround you and close you in on every side, and level you, and your children within you, to the ground; and they will not leave in you one stone upon another, because you did not know the time of your visitation.”” Luke 19:41-44 NKJV

I read this commentary about those verses: He was weeping over the tragedy of a lost opportunity. The Israelites that assembled in Jerusalem for the Passover missed the opportunity to be saved from both earthly and eternal destruction. They were visited by their Saviour, but they did not know it. Instead of receiving Him, they killed Him.

I must say Jesus was so sincere, I don't know how I could love Him more but every bit I learn enlarges my heart for my Savior...

No comments:

Post a Comment