Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Cast Out Fear



I have spent my entire life being afraid of something, maybe it was that test when I was young, maybe a long trip or a sudden illness. There are times I can distinctively remember giving into my fear and anxiety so much that it ruled me. One common thread among my fears was always the "unknown", I just wanted to know it so I could know it would be ok whatever it was (that's the controlling side of me :) This verse is such a breath of fresh air to someone like me though 1 John 4:18-19 says “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. We love Him because He first loved us.” I know that even though I don't know the future, His Word tells me not to be afraid of today, tomorrow, or even the end of time because perfect love cast out fear and God is love, His love is perfect. If our lives continue to be geared towards Him we are also being perfected and our love is being perfected! 

More Perfected Love = Less Fear

I believe the more I focus on the Lord the less I have to fear! Just knowing His promises are reassuring, it leaves my flesh less room to worry because my spirit knows His truth! How powerful is this verse in Isaiah 35:4 "Say to those who are fearful-hearted, “Be strong, do not fear! Behold, your God will come with vengeance, With the recompense of God; He will come and save you.”

If your afraid of the known or the unknown you can rest assured that the Father, having perfect love, dissolves those fears completely with the hope and assurance of eternity for those who love Him and seek Him. He is never far away either whether you know him already or you you want to know Him. His word promises this: ".The LORD is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth.” Psalms 145:18 

No comments:

Post a Comment