Saturday, May 28, 2016

Under Attack



The last two and a half years have been madness, it all started just a few months before my husbands accident. I'm not going to go into detail but I'll say this life has been a real struggle. Some days I just walk away feeling so defeated, bruised, depressed but God is so good and gracious He always picks me back up and puts me back together. Fast forward after enduring surgeries, unfavorable health results and all the other things that life has throw at us, fast forward to being in the midst of the madness to making a decision to be all in for God. I had wasted enough years playing games, I know who my first love is and I always have, Jesus Christ. I decided I wanted to live radically for him. Over the next year I would start getting more involved in church, more immersed in my studies, more bold in my discussions. I believe I am where the Lord is calling me to be right now, I believe I am on my path. Next week I have the privilege of co-leading a women's bible study at my church and I will lead that same study by myself for couple ladies who can not make it out on Wednesday nights.

That's the short background of my story now let me tell you about today. The last few months and definitely the last two weeks I have been hit from every direction, the Devil I know is seeking to destroy me in little and big ways. Everyday it has been something. Sometimes its something small and sometimes a bigger distraction, like my mom ending up in the ER almost having surgery just 24 hours after I woke up a sweaty crying mess dreaming that she had died. Its been random its been brutal. But I am pressing forward. 

Monday (yes less than a week ago) My new lap top arrived. I took a leap and bought me a lap top, I got a good deal too. I have it all loaded with my bible software, my favorite websites and I am excited about having this tool to help me with my study of the Word. I wake up this morning and my lap top is on the floor. It took a random (not so random) spill sometime in the night??? I open it up and the touch screen is just destroyed, my heart sinks. BUT immediately I recognize what's going on here. See the Devil wants to stop me in my tracks, he doesn't want me to have this laptop to aid in my work for the Lord and even more than that he wants to utterly destroy my faith and confidence. There have been so many things like this the last couple of weeks it is almost laughable. See what is happening to me is happening all over the place to people heading in the right direction for the Lord, its called Spiritual Warfare and don't bat an eye because it is real and if you let Satan drag you down he will gladly pull you to the depths of hell himself, ESPECIALLY if your a follower of Jesus.

That's why we have to keep fighting. 1 Timothy 6:12 says "Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called..."

We have to fight with awareness too! We must know that our enemy is real and he is roaming and seeking hearts to devour! We have to be ready at any moment for battle. Ephesians 6:10-18 is a clear instruction for this spiritual warfare "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,  and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints"

1 Peter 5:6-11 is one of the first verses I memorized after committing myself to being radically his and I still have it on reserve for days like today "Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen."

The Devil may try but keep fighting the good fight and remember He who is in you is GREATER than he who is in the world! That's what I am walking away with today oh and my laptop is under warranty so just a short delay :)




No comments:

Post a Comment