Friday, June 3, 2016

A Fix for Lukewarm


In Revelation 3:14-22 Jesus addresses the church of The Laodiceans. He said to those who were part of the lukewarm church, I know your works, that you are neither hot nor cold. See the water in Ladocia where this church stood was not cold and refreshing nor was it hot and therapeutic, it was just lukewarm and useless. Their spiritual state made the Lord sick! He said in Revelation 3:16 “So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.”
The Lord does not want us to be in spiritual limbo riding the fence between a fiery passion and a cold heart. He wants us to choose a side. I spent many years riding that fence my self, I was a half believer. My heart knew the truth and loved the Lord but my actions only followed when it was fitting. I wasn't reading my bible, I had no passion, I was just part of a statistical group claiming to be a Christian. One day I was forced to choose because the Lord didn't want me lukewarm and I am so grateful for that! I know we can not fulfill our God given future if we choose to be half in. At half in the world just has too much of a grip on us. Been there, done that...

But the Lord has a solution if you are somewhere in the middle today He says in Revelation 3:20 "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me." The Lord is ready and waiting for us, in fact he is knocking at our door and for some he has been trying to beat it down for a long time. That was me, I'm pretty hard headed :) 

And look at the promise of the prize he offers in verse 21 "To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.”

What a beautiful promise from our Savior. Would you hear his knock today? Can you open the door of your heart and really let him come in? Don't make the mistake I once did trying to compartmentalize Christ, he wants to invade every crevice of your life and you will be so blessed to let Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment