Monday, June 13, 2016

He is with You!


This is one of my favorite verses in the bible, it came up in my reading a few days ago and made me think of a time when I was very broken and God reminded me of the strength of His hand over my life with this verse: Isaiah 43:2 "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.” 

I don't know about you, but this promise of God walking through tremendous affliction with me is soothing to my soul! 

This is my first time reading Isaiah all the way through and I love how God reveals His character through out this book. In this verse the Lord is reminding us of His ability to protect us from the strongest forces we encounter. A reminder that we are not to fear the things we will face. More than that though He is saying "I AM WITH YOU" and this promise to be with us shows what a personal God He is! 

It's not my job to understand why the Lord weaves certain trials into my life, it's my job to trust Him, to be still and know that He is God and to rely on the character of His beautiful nature. My character is flawed, it's just the fact of being human. The enemy will always try to tempt us and prey on our weak flesh but when we rely on the Lord and know His character is flawless we are relying on the unlimited source of power and love, with an unlimited ability to prevail and overcome!

Somethings I will not fully understand, but I know this if God who formed the whole universe and also knit me together is willing to say "I AM WITH YOU" how could I not walk forward with Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment