Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Christ Strengthens



I'm finishing up Philippians this morning and my goodness there is some great content in chapter 4! These verses 4:11-13 are particularly close to my heart. Paul is saying he knows from the different circumstances in his life how to be low and humbled and how to abound or have an excess or be in abundance. He's been hungry and full, to suffer and to increase. But he goes on to steak his claim in this v.13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Over the last couple years, nearing 3 now, since my husbands accident I would understand these verses much better. What I thought were low points in my life didn't even compare to seeing the way my husband suffers often in pain. You can't look at him and see it and he would never tell you because he's just not like that but me and the kids see him everyday and see the little things that naw at his spirit, just to have a fully functional body is a blessing most of us take for granted. And in the pain of this last few years we have become closer than ever and have learned to just lean into the Lord for help, guidance and peace. I actually had this part of my bible marked up saying God gave me this verse in the middle of the night almost 2 years ago and he is still giving it to me today. It's not a cliche, it's a truth I have to breath in and depend upon.

When your low or when your high let Christ be the foundation that brings you strength. There is no amount of earthly goodness that can replace the peace of God. It is what truly brings unending joy in the midst of all of life's messes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment