Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Not By Works!


My son is into Greek Mythology right now, I get it, I remember when I was his age and the idea of all these "gods" intrigued me. It wasn't until I came to really understand the  loving nature of Jesus Christ that that I realized the idea of temperamental self serving gods really wasn't that cool. I love this passage in Galatians and I love our Lord for His character, like a true father He wants to give us a free gift of salvation. We can not justify ourselves by any work, no matter what works does not save us. Our flesh is tainted, it just is, but by the beautiful grace of God we are justified by faith in Jesus alone! I am grateful for the time in my youth when I discovered the one true God and even through trials, through walking away from Him for a period it has been the cord of faith that is tethered to Him that has been my life line. Thank you Jesus for your sacrifice on the cross, a work that only our savior could do to justify us! 


No comments:

Post a Comment