Sunday, March 6, 2016

The Judgement Seat of Christ


4 pages of messy notes were made in service this morning! I love it when our Pastor preaches on something I have been curious about. Today's preaching was on the Judgment Seat of Christ! 2 Corinthians 5:1-10 Tells us that we will all appear before the judgment seat of Christ. Scary right? Well here's the thing as Christians we have all been justified and will stand before Him as innocent because of the blood that was shed on the cross by Jesus! He will remember our sins NO MORE! (Romans 5:9, 8:1 Hebrews 8:12, 10:17) So what's the judgement for? Well there are two judgment seats, one for unbelievers (The Great White Throne of Judgement) and one for believers (Bema Seat of Judgement) This is where we will provide evidence of our faith and our fruits in this life will be rewarded! We need build on our foundation with something strong! Check out 1 Corinthians 3:10-15! What we do on earth IS IMPORTANT! 

I am just blown away, we don't even deserve what Christ did on the cross for us and now we will get rewarded too for living right and for the fruits of our labor. Oh how inspiring that is. 

You know as a mother if I am old and gray and my children have messed up over and over the desire of my heart will still be to forget the bad and remember the good and in the end I too would want to reward them for what they have done right! I am always hoping they will stay on the narrow path, I will continue to correct them to try to keep them there, pray through the good and bad times, I will forgive and in the end I will cherish the good in them! I am not saying this because I am a mother but because I have a Heavenly Father I want to be like, His nature in me not my own! What a great sermon! #filled #eatmeat

No comments:

Post a Comment